People say break your bad habit before it breaks you but I say break your hard problem before it breaks you. What is a problem in fact? A difficulty that needs attention and thought is called a problem (Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English). It means whenever we face a problem in our life, it needs attention and requires a thought. But how many of us can really think and act strategically to solve our problems.
Problems call forth our courage and our wisdom; indeed, they create our courage and our wisdom. It is only because of problems that we grow mentally or spiritually. When we desire to encourage the growth of the human spirit, we challenge and encourage the human capacity to solve problems.
Have we ever thought that how experts solve the problems they face in their particular fields?
A scientist solves a problem in a scientific way and a mathematician solve a math’s problem by applying different formulas or breaking a large problematic sum into small parts and then solve the problem systematically by applying different simple formulas to each part. He solves a difficult math’s problem because he breaks the big problem into small parts which are easy to solve.
But in our life we do the quite opposite, I mean we add the minor problems together in our life instead of solving them by parts and ultimately our life becomes an amalgam of problems.
No big problem’s really anything but a gang of little ones.
What to do now? How can we solve a big problem?
In short, break your problem into small parts and then solve each part like an expert. Handling one part at a time makes it very easy to solve a big problem.
What to do first when we face a problem?
Accept the reality, problems are part and parcel of our life. It makes us feel that we are alive.
There is only one group of people who don't have problems and they're all dead. Problems are a sign of life. So the more problems you have, the more alive you are.
If you see your problems as curses, the motivation you're looking for in life will be hard to find. - Steve Chandler
When we see problems as opportunities for growth, we tap a source of knowledge within ourselves which carries us through.
Secondly, ponder on your problem and find out the root cause of your problem. Collect more data regarding your problem. Gathering facts won’t solve hard problem but it would help you to understand your problem.
A problem well stated is a problem half solved.
Now it’s time to solve your problem.
- Take a piece of paper and write down your problem.
- Now ponder on the problem and write carefully all the root causes of you problem.
- Do some research if you are facing a technical problem. If you have a personal problem, gather some facts regarding it. It will help you to understand your problem clearly.
- Break the problem into small parts. If you have financial problem, gather all the reasons behind your financial problem. It might be due to your lower salary or you extravagant behavior.
- Now after breaking your problem into little parts, do brainstorming and jot down all the possible solutions regarding each part of your problem which will ultimately solve your whole problem.
- In the case of financial crisis, find out different ways to increase your salary or do some research to find different sources of passive income. If you are facing financial crisis due to your extravagant behavior then quit your extravagant lifestyle for a while.
The above mentioned technique would help you to solve most of the problems you face in your daily life. It might be your social problem , economic problem or health problem. Break your problem and solve each part of the problem keeping in view the whole problem and do not lose track of your main problem.